top of page

Q.  How can I contact the Westwood Police Department?

A.  You can call the Westwood Police Department at any time 24 hours a day – 7 days a week at (201) 664-7000. For emergencies dial 9-1-1. Our mailing address is: 101 Washington Avenue, Westwood, New Jersey 07675.

Q.  Who do I call for an ambulance or the Fire Department?

A.  The Westwood Police Department dispatches all of the Borough’s emergency services, which includes Police, Ambulance, Fire and Rescue.  The number to call is (201) 664-7000.  For Emergency situations simply dial 9-1-1.

Q.  How do I register my vehicle for overnight parking?

A.  Click here to submit your vehicle.

Q.  How do I register my house if I am going away?

A.  Click here to register your vacant home with the Police Department.

Q.  How do I get a copy of a police report?

A.  After any report is taken by a Police Officer, it goes through a number of stages before it is available for release.  All reports must be reviewed and approved by a Supervisor.  Once approved they are forwarded to the Records Room for processing and filing.  As a result we ask that you allow 5 to 7 business days before requesting a copy of a report.  You may obtain copies in person at the Records or online at

Q.  Is a motor vehicle summons the same as a ‘ticket’?

A.  Yes, a motor vehicle summons is the same as a ‘ticket’.

Q.  How do I pay a motor vehicle summons?

A.  If you receive a motor vehicle summons in the Borough of Westwood, you can pay it in person at the Westwood Municipal Court between the hours of 8:30 AM and 3:00 PM, or via the Internet at NJMVC Direct

Q.  If I received a motor vehicle summons, do I have to go to court?

A.  If you receive a motor vehicle summons in the Borough of Westwood, it may or may not be necessary for your appearance in court. At the bottom of the summons is a red ‘Court Appearance Required’ Box. If this box is checked, then you must appear in court on the given date. If you cannot make this date, you MUST notify the Municipal Court. For more information, visit the Municipal Court page.

Q.  Where do I go to apply for a Handicapped Parking Permit?

A.  Temporary Handicapped Permits are available from the Administrative Assistant at the Westwood Police Department.  Application forms are available Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (excluding holidays). The person’s medical doctor must complete a portion of the application.  Permits are valid for 6 months and may be renewed for one additional 6 month period.  There is a fee of $4.00, payable by check made out to “N.J. Motor Vehicle Commission.” Permanent Handicapped Parking placards and plates are issued by the N.J. Motor Vehicle Commission, and those applications are available at any DMV office or online at NJ MVC.

Q.  How do I apply for a firearms I.D. card or a concealed carry permit?

A.  All firearms matters for the Westwood Police Department are processed by our Detective Bureau.  Visit the Firearms page for more information.

Q.  What are the qualifications to become a Police Officer with the Westwood Police Department?

A.  All information pertaining to our Hiring Process, may be found here.


bottom of page